In line with European legislation, GeoAdriatico ensures that every user of the website understands what cookies are and why they are used, so that users themselves can consciously decide whether to accept their use or not on their devices.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are computer files or partial data that can be saved on your computer (or other internet-enabled devices, such as smartphones or tablets) when you visit a site. A cookie usually contains the name of the website from which the cookie comes, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long it will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number .
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to make the use of the site easier and to better adapt it to your interests and needs. Cookies can also be used to speed up your future experiences and activities on the site. This site is unable to personally identify you through this information.
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be classified into four categories, based on their functionality:
- Necessary cookies
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
- Cookies for marketing purposes (not used)
The GeoAdriatico website uses only the first three categories of cookies, for which no consent is required.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to allow navigation within the website and the use of its functions, such as for example access to some protected areas. Without these cookies, some requested functions such as logging in to the site or creating an online shopping cart could not be provided.
- Functional Cookies : These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you have made (such as your username, your language or the region you live in) in order to optimize and provide more advanced features. These cookies can also be used to provide features you request such as viewing a video or being able to comment on a blog. This information collected by cookies can be anonymous and must not track user navigation and activities on other websites.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information on how users use the website, for example which pages are visited most often, and if users receive error messages from these pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a specific visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve the functioning of the website.
- Cookies for marketing purposes: We use our own and third-party cookies to display personalized advertising on our and other websites. This activity is called “retargeting” and is based on the various browsing activities, such as the destinations you have searched for, the facilities you have viewed and the prices that have been shown to you. Commercial cookies could also be used by third parties to show their products and services on our site.
How can I check or delete cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can change these settings to block cookies or to warn you that cookies are being sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies. Please refer to the instruction manual or help screen of your browser to find out how to adjust or change your browser settings.
If you disable the cookies that this site uses, this could affect your experience while you are on the site, for example you may not be able to visit certain sections or not receive personalized information when you visit the site.
If you use different devices to view and access the Internet Sites (for example, computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.), you will need to make sure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences.
How long cookies are stored
The period may vary as cookies can be of two types: temporary and persistent.
– Temporary Cookies: We use temporary session cookies on all of our secure pages to assign a session ID to you and store it so that you can navigate between areas of our site uninterrupted. This session ID is also used for internal reporting purposes, does not identify you personally, and does not leave any recoverable information on your hard drive. Almost all website cookies displayed are session cookies whose activity ends when the Internet browser is closed.
– Persistent cookies: The analytical cookies of the websites viewed and the third-party cookies are persistent as they are used to identify the patterns followed by long-term visitors and to provide the additional functions required in relation to the personalization of the site and the contents saved or archived. They can remain stored on the user’s computer for 24 hours, a week or years, depending on the function they are helping to perform.
By continuing to use our Website, you consent to our cookies being placed on your device. If the user does not wish to receive the cookies required for the use of our Website, he is required to:
– change the browser settings to block cookies, partially or totally
– stop using our Website.
To find out more about the Italian law relating to cookies, see the following resource: Guarantor for the protection of personal data (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/ 2142939)